08 January 2006

An Humbling experience

Very special thanks to all of you who are thinking and praying for the upcoming events. It's about 3 1/2 days away as I write this and I'm curiously not afraid or filled with anxiety.

What I AM filled with is a great amount of appreciation that only grows as the days go by. The generosity of Brian and others on my "support team" of friends who have taken over several aspects of my life and care is humbling. Also a major part of my appreciation goes to Ann, whose generosity is amazingly overwhelming as one who is truly a life-giver.

I'm genuinely humbled and overwhelmed.

One of my greatest desires in becoming so public with all of these procedures and processes that are going to shortly be a part of my routine is to draw attention to the many sufferers of PKD. I think you would be amazed, as I am, to know of so many individuals who quietly deal with dialysis and transplants and immunosuppression challenges daily.

This is an amazingly prevalent disease that effects many people that you know, but would never notice or sense. The disease doesn't disfigure or cause an outward change. Often the only indication is a slightly enlarged stomach.

Take time to find out about the search for a cure that I hope is SO very close for many who are just now finding out that they have this disease. It's very devastating for those who may not realize that they have a family history of PKD, only to be told that they have a disease that literally nothing - no treatments - will reverse. I'm one of the very lucky ones who experienced PKD from my father's perspective and was able to study and explore options from my youth.

http://www.pkdcure.org/site/PageServer


Boris and Natasha are resting quietly....
...little do they know what's coming on Wednesday!

Tim & da twins!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tim, I am glad that you are doing SO WELL!! I was worried about the Widor on that flat pedalboard. It was really considerate of you to pull through so well. Thanks, my friend!

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home