22 January 2006

A wonderful Sunday

It's been a good day!

Each day a little of my strength returns and I'm feeling more and more "normal" athough I tire easily. I look toward a warm bed several times a day as a timely refuge from the cold feet and hands that do still occasionally plague.

Today I made myself available to play for church! YUP! I played the whole service without needing any rest! There *were* a few strange notes, instigated mostly from playing in a different pair of shoes. When I went to get my organ briefcase I discovered that I had only one shoe, so I played in a "new" pair. Those who are organists know how that would confuse LOL!

All in all, I figure no one noticed - much ;-)

I was honored after church to be invited by Mrs. Phoebe Herring, one of the church members, to lunch at Black Knight Country Club ( a favorite place to be invited to eat) with her son David and another friend. The food was wonderful as usual, and I ate small amounts of what was legal and what I could manage.

This week brings a visit to my GP and back to Duke for checkups. I'm really pleased that I'm keeping things together as much as I can!

Perhaps endlessly, but I still reiterate how much I appreciate each of you. Your help with prayers and support as well as those of you who are quite hands-on with my care and ongoing recuperation is so much appreciated!

Thanks to all!
Tim sans B&N

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! I knew you were tough, but you exceed all expectations! You go, Tim!! Sounds like a wonderful day!
--Jeanne

11:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Tim! We're down here in Texas having a lot of fun with the conducting master class and wishing you ALL the best! Geez - akready back to work??? Everyone says "hi" - I got to conduct Mike "Dorian Dance " - too kmuch fun in one place! No one here has done the cup game....yet... we have to finish the wine first.

Love you! Charm

11:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tim,

It was truly AMAZING too have you playing and worshipping here at Beckley on Sunday. The prayers continue!

Rev. Adrian

2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,
Paul and I are back in the States a day late but greatfully not a dollar short!

It has been amazing to follow your progress from South of the equator down Bolivia way. So far and yet so near. Can hardly wait to share a hug. Back at the organ at church ... amazing!!!

Tried to send a second comment from Tarija, but it didn't post. Will see if this works!

We expect to be in Church next Sunday.

Peace and prayers, Jo

5:08 PM  
Blogger Ladybug Crossing said...

Tim -
Hope you continue to do well and feel as good as you sound here!! Our bell choir is pulling for you!!
LadyBug

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home