04 February 2006

Quick post - yes it *is* me!

A very special thank you all yet again for your support through prayers and special thoughts. I'm very pleased to report that I'm out of the hospital and into a slightly altered plan for the next few days. In considering the unbelievable gift Ann has made, I decided to stay a little closer to Duke until my first check up on Wednesday morning, so I'm in a comfortable hotel for the next few days. This places me only 10 minutes away rather than 4 hours away from immediate attention should anything surface.

I'm doing extremely well, but in discussing things with the doctors ( and I've met so many in this fabulous teaching hospital) I had commented on how slowly things are progressing in comparison to the last one. I have whom I consider the VERY best surgeon possible in Dr Dev Desai who has been chief in each of the surgeries. He is a calm and gentle man with a bedside manner that is above any you can imagine. With a distant and genuine smile he said "Mr Waugh let's think about this. One - you just had TWO not one surgery on the 30th, both of which went very well! These incisions (one for the kidney and one to do repair work) are about 1.5 inches apart on your left. Two - we're bombarding your body with a collection of new drug therapies to keep your body from rejecting the new kidney as well as steroids and your special program of induction therapy. Three - it's been only *nineteen* days since your first surgery!"

He makes good points!

I continue to be totally overwhelmed by the generosity coming to me from Ann and the support and prayers and kindness that each of you have and continue to show to me in this travel. Thanks as well to all of you who are taking special care of me directly.

Would that I could only repay in a small way all this kindness that each of you have shown. I'm extremely humbled and grateful

Tim and the new occupant

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tim, Glad to hear you are out and about - almost. Give me a call sometime, it seems as your schedule will be a bit more flexible than mine until Tuesday. Visitors this coming week? Let me know. Would love to see the incisions. Wahoo! Ray

2:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tim: Keep those IM's coming and have fun at the Marriott. For your new bodyguest, since Boris and Natasha have left the building, I first thought Tolstoy should move in. But, didn't "feel" right. How about Nirvana? It has so many meanings and has a bit of Ann (ana) at the end. Love, Valerie

6:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YO, it's good to know that you are out!

As for the thanks...we are each and all blessed by your presence in our lives...such a gift! Trust me when I tell you that the blessing abound for your friends, too. We love you dearly.

NL

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that things are going so well. Hope to talk with you soon. Love and prayers from Roanoke...

Mike & Rad

2:11 PM  
Blogger Jason Wells said...

The Ring of Fire family wishes you the best Tim!

Ann is a special person and I can't think of a more deserving guy of such compassion.

Blessings on your recovery!

Jason

2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo! to Tim, Ann & "Dax"

-dB

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOw about Renaldo?

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home