15 February 2006

DUKE chapter two

Just back from Duke with continued good news!

The labs - although not "perfect" as last week, are fine. The Prograf levels ( meds for keeping rejection down) are too high, so I skip the med totally tonight and then go back to 3 pills in the am and 4 pills in the pm. That's down from FIVE pills morning and evening!

A few of the staples have been removed, but some are still there, letting me know of their presence ( most sit at waistband level and below) They ALL come out next week along with the perm-cath ( a surgical procedure).

The more eventful news is I'M CLEARED TO DRIVE THIS WEEK END!

Just one more step toward becoming "normal"!! [hey - it's a wish - can't say I could be considered normal in many years!] I can begin to slowly reintegrate into activities that are limited in crowds - as long as I keep hand disinfectant at the ready.

The strange pains in the back and cramps are still under consideration...could be potassium levels ...could be nerves coming back to say HI! (oy) ....could be low calcium. Still being studied.
Not too bad or frustrating.

I have a few more weekly visits and if nothing is considered strange, then I *might* get to cut back to every 2 weeks - then maybe monthy! WHEE!!!

Thanks for your continued prayers - especailly for pain-free evenings! I *KNOW* beyond a shadow of doubt that they're working!

T&K sending you continued love!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Glad to hear the good news on your medical status. You are, as always, so strong. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts & prayers. As always, you are near & dear to my hear.

God Bless,
Donna

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home