10 March 2006

Apocalypse Now

I just finished an early-morning IM with Tim ... and I was surprised that he IM'ed at 7:30 a.m.

Turns out -- with Duke's blessing, he is on his way to school today. This is his first day of teaching since January 9, coming just five weeks and four days after the transplant. This is a one-shot deal for now, but a milestone none the less. He assured his "father hen" that he is taking adequate precautions and will recognize his limits.

Since Tim hasn't checked in for a few days, I thought it important to share this bit of extremely encouraging news about his progress. We'll look for Tim's report soon.

And by the way -- if you haven't contributed to Tim's fund as yet, please do so. Tim mentioned financial challenges in a recent post, and it sounds like he may need some short-term support. On behalf of Tim, thank you for your generous gifts.


Brian Burke

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tim,
I only know you through AREA I festivals, but have been following your remarkable saga for awhile. Somehow I do believe you will listen to what your body tells you and not over-do, at least not too much. You know you have been given a precious gift that you must nurture and care for, and I don't think you will risk damaging or losing that gift. I don't think you would do that to Anne either.
You are in my prayers daily. I look forward to seeing you at Bell events in the near future.
God Bless.
Nancy Reynolds, Area I Chair

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home