19 February 2006

A VERY SPECIAL DAY

I am one of the luckiest people in God's creation! So many people in the communities that I'm honored to serve are so kind to me in ways that I never imagined!

I made my first attempt to return to somewhat regular "real life" by returning to the musical life of Beckley Presbyterian Church. I was VERY warmly received this morning at the worship services, as well as choir rehearsal on the previous Thursday. I'm not sure how consitant I'll be able to be, but I'm truly in awe of the warmth and love that this congregation provides a part-time employee! I feel loved and supported by so many, who also express surprise at my recovery.
Additionally, I was to conduct a handbell festival in Puerto Rico this week-end, before I knew that the surgery was so near. Certainly my Puerto Rican friends are some of the most loving and supportive that I have. Each of the two times that I've been honored to go to the beautiful island and conduct, I've been treated beyond well by everyone I come into contact with. I was commissioned by them to write an original composition for the festival that happened in Ponce PR today.
I was honored to be called just before the premiere by Nancy on Carlos' phone to "virtually" be a part of the premiere of Rondo Borincano as it was happening! It was such a thoughtful and kind thing to include me as a part of the festival and premiere!
I'm truly blessed by these people - and by each of you! I've known that all these communities that intersect my life were a valuable part of the fabric that supports me, but I'm acutely aware that, without them (without you!) it would have been a harder road toward health and recovery.
You are deeply appreciated!
Tim & Kid

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am always deeply touched by what you write, Tim, but never more so than Sunday's posting. I have pasted it into an email and sent it on to many people...others who love you and need to hear this part of the story. You inspire me! Each success is thrilling. I got chilly bumps reading about your inclusion at the festival in PR. Continued prayers for your on going recovery. Nancy

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home