14 March 2006

WEEK 6

Greetings to all!

Today just passed week 6 since the transplant of the "kid" and things are going well - I got to do blood tests locally this morning instead of a drive to Duke - yet another step toward what might be thought of as "normal" for me!

The last check-up and removal at Duke made me totally "appliance-free" meaning that there are no parts of me that are staples, shunts, tubes, stints, catheters or any other objects! This is the first time I can make that statement since 11 Jan - over two months!

This might allow me a thought of going back to the school job at least part time on Monday 20th! That means I'll be about 2-3 weeks (plus) ahead of the predicted! I did make it through All-State auditions that I and my school hosted last Friday without becoming too tired.

I've been slow in posting here, mainly because life has been a little less eventful than before. It's been basically sleep-eat-drink (water water everywhere) and then celebrate each time the water passes through normally!

I continue to go between living "commonly" and assuming that this is how it should be, and then being struck by the truly miraculous nature of the past two months of my life! Even with malfunctioning kidneys on their last nephrons, I was accustomed to life as "what should happen" I don't think I'll ever get used to life as "common" again - I know that we take so much for granted......


I was genuinely moved when I read this article shared with a PKD group that I'm a member of...Take a few moments and read this one....

http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051023/NEWS01/510230396/1002


Continued thanks for all your prayers and support - they mean a lot to me moment by moment! I'll post at least every week when I'm doing the weekly bloodtests!

Know of my deep appreciation for you!
Tim & Kid

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great article, Tim! It reminds me in some ways of you and Ann. Thanks for sharing it.

XOXOX
Jeanne

4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So good to hear that the kidney is functioning well. I pray for you. You are one of my favorite people. I so admire you're gifts and how unselfishly you have given of your time and talents to kids all these years. Thank you for your beautiful life...Jamie Baldwin

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home