29 April 2006

DEBUT [with the kid] FESTIVAL

Greetings from Hendersonville NC! I've just finished my first festival back in the saddle - the Blue Ridge Festival with Connie Engle! What a grand time we had, and I'm in a lovely B&B nearby!

One special thing was having Ann and her mom here for their first festival experience. I got to introduce Ann to the gathered group and dedicated our performance of Sherman's Grazioso (which is a wonderful celebration of life renewed) to her. When I introduced her she received an extended standing ovation - a deeply moving way to help me express the unexpressable thanks and deep appreciation I have for her - thank you bell friends for helping me say something that I can't ever repay and have trouble even expressing...

When words fail......music speaks.....

A very special day of renewed "firsts" with bell people - some of the very best people in the world!

All the best from a content and tired.....
Tim & kid

6 Comments:

Blogger Ladybug Crossing said...

Cool!!
Glad you are up and running!
LadyBug

6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am still reading your posts and am happy to see you are still progressing very well. It's wonderful to hear Ann got the standing ovation......she certainly deserves it!

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried to visualize what that extended standing O for Ann would have been like. Every time and every way I've played it in my mind, my eyes have teared up.

We can only hope that Ann felt the love that we all have for her ... yet how might she know that this particular festival is only the tip of the iceberg, and that there are many, many more who feel the same way?

Brian

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hendersonville cannot thank Tim enough for the magnificent festival and the virtually flawless concert. Tim introduced Ann -- a VERY moving, emotional what-seemed-like several minutes!! He dedicated Sherman's 'Grazioso' to her -- wow! what conducting!! It took our AND his breath away after it was played with such feeling! Tim even appeared to be fresher than the rest of us who had been put thru our paces all day. Thank you, thank you, Tim! It was hard to move the brain on to the rest of life. We wanted to just freeze the event in time. Things like this don't happen often in life..... Ann is truly a gem!
Connie Engle

7:55 AM  
Blogger Senihele said...

When words fail......music speaks.....

In that case consider that a medley of prayers are being raised for your continued improved health.

Still reading...
Good to see you updated!!

11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tim, I was one of the many ringers in Hendersonville this weekend and I wanted to tell you how much I, not only, enjoyed the festival but how much I learned as well. In addition, I wanted you to know how much Grazioso touched me. I was crying before we played and had goosebumps 4 or 5 times while playing. Several years ago I was facing the possibility of a liver transplant due to HepC. Thankfully I responded to treatment but I was blessed by the offer from my best friend to part of his liver. So your story has some special meaning for me. Thank you for your tireless effort for us, the ringers, and especially for ne in touching my life in such a unique way. I will pray for continued good health for you as you go forth into your new life.

Dean Freeman
St Stephen UMC Charlotte NC
JuBELLation Handbell Choir

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home