22 March 2006

WEEK 7 - Duke update &etc

First!

I'm fine and the kidney is in good shape! YAY

All the reports from Duke were good except one that is a little concerning..... the white blood cell count is 3 points below acceptable.

It's probable that it's a direct effect of the Campath that I was given just before transplant...but we've changed or dropped three other daily meds that could contribute. I'll still have standard blood tests weekly and hope that next test will show a rise in numbers!

INTERESTING sidelight - I had lunch with Ann today and - out of curiosity - asked a question of her. You should remember that, post-transplant, I found out that I really didn't care for coffee and since that point I haven't made a single pot in the house. BEFORE the transplant I certainly enjoyed the coffee!

Turns out Ann HATES coffee........hmmmmm.......go figure!

Think WHITE cells WHITE cells!!!!!

Tim and kid - doing great!

1 Comments:

Blogger Buffy said...

Sometimes you trawl the Internet and come upon a pile of nothing. Other times, you come upon little gems like this. Quite by accident.

When I was seven, I was loud. I played handbells and learned to hold THE note in Silent Night.

I ran through the halls of Montcalm Elementary and sometimes ducked into my music teacher's room to hide from Mrs Jones and her eyes-like-a-hawk.

A touching blog. So sorry to hear of your trials. So happy to hear you're doing well.

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home