20 March 2006

WEEK SEVEN with random thoughts

WOW It's been seven weeks with the new addition!

I'm anticipating routine things like blood tests and exams on Wednesday at Duke without anything major going on - and hope that's exactly what happens!

Take a moment with me and include a friend in your daily thoughts and prayers... from my PKD group (one of many support and chat groups on the web) a friend who is known to me as Karl in Maryland has - TODAY - received a kidney from his wife! We had exchanged e-mails on the group as well as off about the things I've been through in the past months and I know that his transplant will be just as smooth as mine! I feel honored that I can share my experiences which might benefit others that are right behind me on the path!

All the best to Karl and his donor-wife!

I was able to return to school for a half day this Monday and Tuesday and was greeted with the news that the local television station would be arriving the period right after my "half day" would be done. They were coming to interview students and me about our June trip to New York to sing in Carnegie Hall! It was a fun scramble to put together some choral selections for a television interview as well as prep for the interview! I was very pleased with the final product and the editing of the story!

On a note of concern, one of the distinctive classes that I teach ( and feel qualified to teach) was removed from the schedule next year without my knowing about it.

The school decided to eliminate my handbell class for next year - for reasons that I'm not entirely sure about. One bit of information says that classes next year must have 16 students to form. I usually have 10-11 students in bells with the 5 octave set we have. That keeps the students busy and involved. I heard about it in time to have it announced that we would offer the class next year, but the announcement was made on day 4 of the five day process when many of the students have completed the process.

I certainly can't predict how this will turn out - certainly I'm quite concerned and disappointed that this valuable class that needs to be encouraged in the school might be eliminated through a series of errors and slip-ups.

In the stream-of-random-thoughts line, it's interesting to note that I'm three short years from turning 55 and being eligible to retire from the school system. Certainly with the trends of class and educational changes in the offing, I'll be looking more seriously for a community and environ that might be more conducive to supporting my abilities, talents and gifts in music.......but that's for planning down the road!

Any ideas?

Guess these things go with the "welcome back" things - hunh?

Tim & kid

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prayers and good wishes for Karl and his wife! I'm sure you've been a help and a comfort to him as he faces this new chapter in his life.

Razzzzzzberries to the school for dropping bells! Grrrrrrrr!!!!

Looking forward to hearing a glowing report after your clinic tomorrow!

XOXOX
Jeanne

1:28 AM  
Blogger Ladybug Crossing said...

The life of the school music teacher... They giveth and they taketh away without asking...
Best of luck, my friend!
LadyBug

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home