28 August 2006

SIX MONTHS and counting!

WHEW!

It's been a busy and fulfilling summer and I write this as the school year gets underway!
Yes - it's back to the classroom and the countdown to potential retirement begins!

Three more school year openings and only 2 more closings - 01 April 2009 is the potential date.
I'm starting NOW to plant the seeds for what is to come following :-D Any ideas or openings in an area that is more metropolitan than Southern WV? LOL

Medical things... I've been to Duke, to my local GP, my local Urologist and my local Dentist and everything is checking out pretty much "ok" One spot that looks like a mole is causing some minor concern but it should be gone soon - and I'm not due back at Duke until MONTH EIGHT!

Summer has been full of music! I started the season with the UMC at Lake Junlauska in NC doing the advanced bells and then flew (literally) to Area X and their festival in Nampa ID. Shortly following a brief home return I went to teach at the National Seminar in Milwaukee.

An interruption in the travelogue here to say "BELL PEOPLE ARE THE BEST!" I've not ever felt so warmly welcomed at any event than the bell events! Thanks to ALL the people who have been so supportive thru this change in life!

Later in the summer the Presbyterian sponsored Massanetta Springs Music Conference had a vacancy for the adult CHORUS! I got to be a choral guy for a whole week! Following that, I was the bellguy for the Area II READ AND RING in perparation for conducting their area festival next summer in NY. I closed the summer season with a one-day workshop inmy hometown of Charleston WV with the Area V AGEHR workshops.

All in all it's been great! Looking forward to posting again soon (back to "normal?!?")

Tim and healthy kid