15 June 2006

TESTS & TRAVELOGUE - 4 months!

HEY!

Are you all still reading this? If so, drop me a note or comment!
I appreciate all of you keeping up with this progression of surgery and life that I'm in the midst of! It's been a really joyous progression of late as I rediscover how it is NOT to have kidney pain and the complications that diseased kidneys make in daily life!
Duke's MONTH FOUR reports are in (actually 4th month was a few weeks ago - but they count a little differently - starting from the first return visit) and ....
KIDNEY FUNCTION NUMBERS ARE EVEN BETTER! I dropped .1 lower in the creatinine count which is WONDERFUL! All the other tests and levels are "perfect" to quote the team!
Now for the travelogue!
I went to New York City with 22 students and parents to perform in Carnegie Hall! What a blast! We did Mozart's REQUIEM with orchestra and combined choruses from Hawai'i, West Virginia, Texas and New York! Got a standing ovation! Amazing for the NY crowd!
One of the little triumphs occured early in the trip, when we had unpacked at the Grand Hyatt next to Grand Central and finished a quick lunch downstairs in Grand Central Station. We headed out for Times Square and about 3-4 blocks down I got stopped by a crosswalk light that was not in my favor. Close behind me were several of my students, including 2 football players, one cross-country runner and two girls basketball players, covering ages 15-17.
"Mr. Waugh -" they panted " PuhLEEZE SLOW DOWN (pant) WE CAN'T KEEP UP!"
Hmmm - here's a 50-something ;-) guy just four months out of 2 surgeries and he's outwalking teenagers who are in shape?!?!?! YES!!!! I'm BACK!
Visits included the Today Show and a dinner-boat cruise to the Statue of Liberty at midnight. NICE TRAVELS!
I'm hoping to be back in full ( think I'm close already) and doing some handbell and choral events over the summer. I'll post updates and travelogues as I can - if yo're still interested in reading the porgress of the musical pilgrim!
Duke says that we might be going from 6 to 8 weeks until January, when I'm cut back to seeing all the "normal" physicians again! WOW!
All the best for a fun and relaxing summer!
Tim & Kid (both plugging away!)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome post of your travels and health update! Yes, I do read each of these and look forward to each next new one. I saw your picture conducting for the Blue Ridge Fest. on their website and you looked great. Have a great summer!
Mike Mazzatenta

4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, yes, please keep blogging away! I can tell you had a great time in NY! Look forward to seeing you in Sacramento, CA next year!

Wendy Williams
www.Riverbells.org

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes we are still reading your reports--glad all is going well.Sounds like you are really enjoying your "second chance on life!" Good for you and keep posting! Best wishes from MI

Karen Gilmore
Utica United Methodist Gosbells

11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YES WE ARE STILL READING, and praying for you. You have touched more lives than you know. My bell choir who has never seen, nor met you, has you in their prayers.

Joy in Kentucky

11:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I look forward to your words of wisdom and look forward to each addition to the blog. in your "spare time" you should write a book with inspirations. Your words are like sermons to live by! Please keep us informed and alive with our own faiths!
Leslie Miller

1:38 PM  
Blogger Senihele said...

Still reading, Tim. So good to hear you're doing so well.

And I'm envious about your NY journey. That's going to be our goal this year at C'Ville.

Brenda

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home